Annons: J-Spec logo
Visa obesvarade inlägg | Visa aktiva trådar Aktuellt datum och tid: mån dec 10, 2018 6:30 am

Svara på tråd  [ 10 inlägg ] 
 Hello 
Författare Meddelande
Väldans få inlägg

Inlägg Hello
Good afternoon Gent's,

Bit thin on the messages on the English forum so I thought I'd say hello.
I'm in Newcastle Upon Tyne and been to a few places around the world including Spain, France, Holland and Japan once or twice but never been to Sweden. What's the car culture like over there and how long has the Jap Imports side been going?

Had a few enquiries before from germany for cars and Denmark but I was told that Sweden is getting quite big in terms of taking cars over.

I've had a few cars myself including several Skylines, Scoobies, GTO's and FD3's Rex's. Currently using a red Rex to get a round in, bit tight on the legs though as I'm over 6ft and not a skinny chap.

What cars do you drive over there?

Cheers,

Staggy
[/img]

mån aug 07, 2006 2:35 pm
Profil WWW
Väldans många inlägg

Äger/kör:: Skyline

Welcome :)

I know the feeling; being borderline 6'6" and wheying in at ~250 pounds (hey, i'm stretching here.. when ARE you going to convert to the metric system? ;)) and driving a '91 r32 gtst.

Since we've got the steering wheele natively on the left side and driving on the right side importing from japan isn't huge, people tend to be a bit on the reserved side shifting with their left hand all of a sudden (before they have a go that is).

//lasse

"Alla ord du SÄGER som ett ord ska även SKRIVAS som ett ord"

[ O O \ S K Y L I N E / O O ]
två liter räcker långt...

mån aug 07, 2006 2:55 pm
Profil ICQ
Inte så många inlägg

Äger/kör:: Qashqai +2
I would say that the jap import got a real boost just around the time that the movie The Fast and the Furious was released. I don't "blame" it all on the movie itself but it surely had a major part in it.

mån aug 07, 2006 4:29 pm
Få inlägg
Användarvisningsbild

Äger/kör:: R33GTR
And alot of Danish people have invaded sweden, as the cars are about 180% cheaper in sweden, then we can own a jap import too. A R33GT-R on danish plates would cost about the same as a Nur R34GT-R in the UK.

The past few years the imports to sweden have gone mad imo. Well for the skylines that is, have been monitoring the skyline market for 5 years and it is on a steep curve up still and import firms are popping up all over the place.

Regards
Jan

mån aug 07, 2006 4:53 pm
Väldans få inlägg

Nice looking car you have there. I've just bought an R33 GTR V Spec but I'm having to store it for 10 months until it is over ten years old so I don't have the hassle of the government test on it. Gives me a bit of time to tidy and clean I suppose.

I'm a trader but I'll not try to sell you a car here it was just good to see that there are some English speaking people on the forum.

What tests do you have to do to get your car registered in Sweden and does it take very long?

Staggy ( Because I drive a Nissan Stagea which has the Straight Six Skyline Engine).

fre sep 15, 2006 9:17 am
Profil WWW

Äger/kör:: Skyline R33 GT-R
Basicly, if you take the car registered from england there is no need for tests.

You need the V5C dokument and you need another document from Nissan Saying that the car is in its original condition.

The next thing you need to do is to make sure that everything is in its original condition, getting rid of tuning exhausts and airfilters and installing the original parts,

Then you need to convert the lamps so that you can use them on our roads,.

After that its just to get it aproved and when it is, Its just as any car in the market,

I think this is the reason for so many people to import, its easy as hell to get it registered.

Kind Regards // David

fre sep 15, 2006 10:39 am
Profil WWW
Väldans få inlägg

Äger/kör:: 08 Saab 93 BioPower
The next thing you need to do is to make sure that everything is in its original condition, getting rid of tuning exhausts and airfilters and installing the original parts,

Kind Regards // David

Hej David,

Good job you mentioned the above re airfilters as I no longer have my original airbox for my car, I guess I will need to try and source one before I register my car in vår nästa år (I am learning Svensk full time now so will try and mix what little I know with my English from now on !)

I am lucky in that I already have the intyg for my car and will now aim to get it registered as above ;)

Shaun.

S GTR (for the loan of your catalyst when I needed it)

ons sep 20, 2006 5:09 pm
Profil WWW

Äger/kör:: Skyline R33 GT-R
Looking good Shaun, Kul att du övar och blir bättre, :)

The filter box should not be to much of a problem to lend from someone, most of us use an aftermarket anyways and the original filterbox is usually stuffed in the garage. Just ask in teknik delen and Im sure you will find one.

Med vänlig hälsning.
David

ons sep 20, 2006 5:15 pm
Profil WWW

Äger/kör:: R33 GTR V-spec
Runan skrev:

Kind Regards // David

Hej David,

Good job you mentioned the above re airfilters as I no longer have my original airbox for my car, I guess I will need to try and source one before I register my car in vår nästa år (I am learning Svensk full time now so will try and mix what little I know with my English from now on !)

I am lucky in that I already have the intyg for my car and will now aim to get it registered as above ;)

Shaun.

Are you sure that you´r car have to be original? It´s moving goods right? (flyttgods)

-erik

Nissan Skyline R33 GTR V-spec -96
Nissan Sunny SLX 1.6 -92

tor sep 21, 2006 4:15 pm
Få inlägg
Användarvisningsbild

Äger/kör:: R33GTR

You can borrow my airfilterbox, when ever you need it, just give me a pm and we will find out something.

Regards
Jan

RHDjapan representant.
rhdjapan@rhdjapan.com

fre sep 22, 2006 12:08 pm
Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Svara på tråd   [ 10 inlägg ]