Swedish help/advice needed!

For all you english speaking guests, talk about Skyline in general.
Davids
Väldans få inlägg

Swedish help/advice needed!

Inlägg av Davids »

HI there!
After collecting money for a while I am quite close (I hope so) to one of my dreams-Skyline.
THe PROBLEM of my story is that I can't register RHD car in my country, so after reading forums for a while
I am now considering to do registration in Sweden. As far as I know (information I got from my Swedish friends)
it's necessary to have adress in Sweden in order to register car there and simpliest way to have it, is to work
or study there. Am I right so far? So I have got friend who is citizen of Sweden and he agreed to register
car on his name. So my plan is to make him an owner of a car and myself as holder/user (don't know right term in english)
of car. As this will be first time I by vehicle abroad (UK), I would like to have some help and information about following
questions:
1. What papers do I need to bring car into Sweden and to be able to register it on my friends name afterwards.
2. What costs should I be aware of-registration, insurance, road test. (It will be R33 GTR, I am 24, license for 2,5 years)
3. I know that I will have to change headlights to pass the test and some time ago I read that someone from
Sweden has got kit of those. Where can I by one, is tehre any for sale? Or can I relay on someones help? :D
4. What else should I know?

I am not in hurry but hope that someone will read this.

Thanks!
Davids
Användarvisningsbild
tranceasia
Väldans många inlägg
Äger/kör:: R34GT R33GTR STAGEA
Kontakt:

Re: Swedish help/advice needed!

Inlägg av tranceasia »

in what contry do you live?
BEHÖVER DU HJÄLP MED JAPAN INTYG? PM FÖR MER INFO
Sponsrad av
http://www.turbohuset.se/
BildBild
Davids
Väldans få inlägg

Inlägg av Davids »

Yeah, I forgot most important thing, I am from Latvia. I visit Sweden about 10 times a year, so I am there quite often.
Thanks for notice!
Davids.
Användarvisningsbild
tranceasia
Väldans många inlägg
Äger/kör:: R34GT R33GTR STAGEA
Kontakt:

Inlägg av tranceasia »

found this one in estonia but its a r32 but it has been rebuit whit nissan 200sx parts to left hand drive

http://eng.auto24.ee/webcache_kasutatud ... 24_ee.html
BEHÖVER DU HJÄLP MED JAPAN INTYG? PM FÖR MER INFO
Sponsrad av
http://www.turbohuset.se/
BildBild
Davids
Väldans få inlägg

Inlägg av Davids »

Thanks!
I checked it out, but it turned out that interior is unfinished and it looks quite bad. Will have to spend at least grand to get it finished. I also believe that 7000 GBP isn't a bargain price for unmodified R32 1992.
So I think I will stick to my first plan about nice R33 from UK, with Swedish registration, but can never know.

P.S. Some more help and advice wouldn't hurt. Main things that bothers me are EU lights, emission test, insurance. Maybe someone can provide me with information. Please!

Davids
Användarvisningsbild
Skyracer
Administrator
Äger/kör:: Skyline R33GTS25T
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Skyracer »

1. What papers do I need to bring car into Sweden and to be able to register it on my friends name afterwards.
This changes from time to time (and since I did not bring the car in myself and it was 4 years ago, I do not know exactly what the terms are) but the paper from the previous owner and a paper from Nissan Sweden. PM "Jenset" and he will help you with the papers/registration and Jap-city for the export from England.

2. What costs should I be aware of-registration, insurance, road test. (It will be R33 GTR, I am 24, license for 2,5 years)
Nissan-paper 2000sek, the registration at the SBP (swedish car test) is 1170sek (if Im correct) plus then 300sek for the following normal road tests, insurance depends on company (I pay 500sek a month but not unusual with 1000sek a month) and you just have to call all insurance companies and ask.

3. I know that I will have to change headlights to pass the test and some time ago I read that someone from Sweden has got kit of those. Where can I by one, is tehre any for sale? Or can I relay on someones help? :D
Yes, the headlights are made for lefthand traffic, so need to be changed. If for instance you ask a company for help for the registration they have correct headlights for the registration. If you want to buy your own headlights, make an ad under "Skyline köpes". If you need help to build you can ask in "Styling".

4. What else should I know?
There might be others rules that has to be concidered at the registration, this depends on the man/station who does it. Like you need a smaller hole in the insert of the petrol, to fit the smaller hoses of the non leaded petrol pump.

Regards
Håkan
Davids
Väldans få inlägg

Inlägg av Davids »

That's what I was talking about. Thanks for Your time mate.
I am sure this isn't last time I am bothering You here as I know I will have more and more new questions later. :D But now I have a good starting point here.
Thanks!
Davids
Skriv svar